We thank the many community partners and sponsors for their assistance. Through their generous support, we can provide students with the opportunity to learn about present and future water issues and what they can do to protect and preserve this valuable resource.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of the festival? Want to have your business promoted and linked to an excellent educational and environmental event in the area? Contact us for details.
The Tri-County Children’s Water Festival was created to educate youth about the importance of water in a hands-on environment with interactive activities and demonstrations. The Tri-County Children’s Water Festival is organized by a group of local organizations including:
- Lower Trent Conservation
- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board
- Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board
- Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Boars
- Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board
- Bay of Quinte Remedial Action Plan
- Quinte Conservation
- Batawa Ski Hill
- Batawa Development Corporation
The Tri-County Children’s Water Festival is supported by the Children’s Water Education Council. The Council’s goals are to foster decision makers, initiate the process of behavioural change and to empower children to initiate change within their homes, schools and communities.