Lower Trent Conservation

Property Inquiries

To assist owners and potential buyers, Lower Trent Conservation provides a Property Inquiry Service. Current owners, potential buyers, or agents acting on behalf of their clients (developers, lawyers and real estate agents), may request information pertaining to natural hazard and natural heritage features on a particular property.

We will provide written comments, as well as the option to request a map and/or site visit, stating whether a property is likely to be affected by Conservation Authority policies and regulations. A response to the property inquiry provides a formal record of the inquiry and offers valuable information to the client when making decisions to purchase, build on, re-grade or alter natural features on the site. In other cases, the response serves as official confirmation that the property is not affected by our policies and regulations, and provides the client with added peace of mind. We cannot advise you on whether or not to purchase a property – we provide the facts to help you make an educated decision.

Fees may be charged to cover the cost of reviewing each individual property and providing a formal, written response. Once submitted, a formal email receipt of your request will be provided along with an estimated timeline for response. Generally, staff require at least two weeks to reply. Services will be provided upon receipt of applicable fees.

You will need the Assessment Roll Number for the property before submitting your inquiry. Don’t know the number? Look on your Property Assessment Notice, ask your real-estate agent, contact your municipal taxation department, or check our Map Viewer.

  • What is an Assessment Roll Number?  A Roll Number tells you everything you need to know about where a property is located. Think of a roll number as your properties own personal I.D. It is a 19-digit number assigned by the Assessment Commissioner to an assessable property for identification purposes. This number appears on all notices issued by the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation and the Assessment Review Board.